Clubs & Societies
The Western Band
Having originated on Jun 30th in 1956 during the era of the 3rd Rector, Fr. Arthur N Fernando the College Band was the first ever schools Band, known then as the Cadet Band (or Fife and Drum Band).
The College Western Band is one of the most active groups at College with providing melodious entertainment at occasions as needed while maintaining discipline. The western band plays for all college functions and events, participates in the Inter-school Band Competitions and performs as invitees at Band shows organized by other schools.
The boys play instruments from percussion, woodwind to Brass instruments and perform with cadet precision.
Priest in Charge : Rev. Fr. Indunil Sampath Perera
Teacher in Charge : Sr. M. Gayani AC