Athletics commenced in earnest at St. Peter’s after the expansion of the College grounds, which was opened on 13th September 1930. Subsequently in 1934 St Peter’s college under the captaincy of Shirley de S Illesinghe and ably coached by Mr. Herbert Wittahachchi won the Tarbet and Jefferson cups at the Public Schools Athletic Meet.
Administration & Coaching Staff
After the renaissance in Athletics at the St. Peters College under the patronage of Rev. Fr. Trevor Martin, The Team created National history by winning all the National Awards in the year 2018
- Overall champions in the Saints Quadrangular Athletic championship
- Overall champions in the Western province schools.
- Overall championship All island schools relay carnival.
- All island championship of Sir John Tarbat Athletic meet.
- All island school games Athletic championship.